1. Vegan Banana Bread
Prep – 15 Minutes
Total – 3hr 30min
Servings – 16
- 1 cup vegan sugar
- 1½ cups mashed ripe bananas (3 medium)
- ½ cup refined coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk or soymilk
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup chopped walnuts, if desired
Step 1. Heat oven to 350° F. Grease bottom only of 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan.
Step 2. In large bowl, beat sugar, bananas, coconut oil and vanilla until smooth. Stir in almond milk and vinegar. Add flour, baking soda and salt; stir just until moistened. Stir in walnuts. Pour into pan.
Step 3. Bake 1 hour to 1 hour 10 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean and crack in top of loaf appears dry. Cool 10 minutes. Loosen sides of loaf from pan; remove from pan, and place on cooling rack. Cool completely, about 1 hour, before slicing. Wrap cooled bread in plastic wrap, and store in refrigerator.
Recipe courtesy of Betty Crocker.
2. Vegan Chocolate Tart with Salted Oat Crust
Recipe by Claire Saffitz, Photos by Christopher Testani
Can be prepared up to 2 days ahead
- 1¼ cups old-fashioned oats
- ¾ cup whole wheat flour
- ⅓ cup virgin coconut oil, melted, slightly cooled
- ¼ cup light agave syrup (nectar)
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon instant espresso powder
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 7 ounces vegan dark chocolate, melted, slightly cooled
- ⅔ cup light agave syrup (nectar)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ⅔ cup plus 1 teaspoon virgin coconut oil, melted, slightly cooled
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt, plus more
- 2 tablespoons old-fashioned oats
- 1 tablespoon demerara sugar
- Flaky sea salt
Filling and Assembly
Special Equipment: A 9-inch-diameter or a 13¾x4½-inch tart pan with removable bottom
Step 1. Preheat oven to 350˚. Pulse oats, whole wheat flour, coconut oil, agave, cocoa, salt, and cinnamon in a food processor until oats are coarsely ground and mixture looks like wet sand.
Step 2. Firmly press into bottom and up the sides of tart pan. Bake until crust is golden brown and smells toasty, 20–25 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack; let cool.
Step 3. Remove the chia pudding from the refrigerator, and stir in the pumpkin purée, dry spice mixture, vanilla extract, and maple syrup (if using). Serve garnished with coconut flakes.Filling and Assembly
Step 1. Dissolve espresso powder in ¾ cup very hot water in a food processor. Add cocoa and let sit 5 minutes. Add melted chocolate, agave syrup, vanilla, ⅔ cup coconut oil, and ¼ tsp. kosher salt and process until mixture is very smooth and thick, about 30 seconds.
Step 2. Scrape filling into cooled tart shell and smooth top (if making tart in a rectangular shell, you may have a little filling left over; save for another use, like truffles). Tap tart lightly against counter to pop any air bubbles in filling.
Step 3. Cook oats and remaining 1 tsp. coconut oil in a small skillet over low heat, stirring constantly, until oats are toasted, about 3 minutes. Gradually add half of demerara sugar, stirring constantly, until sugar is melted, then remove from heat and stir in remaining demerara sugar just to coat. Season with kosher salt; let oat mixture cool.
Step 4. Scatter oat mixture over tart, sprinkle with sea salt, and chill until filling is set, at least 1 hour.
Step 5. Cut chilled tart into slices with a dry, hot knife; let sit at room temperature 15–20 minutes before serving.
3. Vegan Detox Green Monster Smoothie
By Ambitious Kitchen
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Total: 6 minutes
- 3/4 cup frozen strawberries
- 1/2 cup cucumber, peeled and sliced
- 1 large frozen banana, broken into pieces
- 1 1/2 cup vanilla almond milk (or alternate milk)
- 1 1/2 cups kale, loosely packed, stems removed (you can also use spinach)
- Large handful of spinach
Step 1. Add the almond milk to a high-power blender and toss the banana pieces and kale in. Blend on high
Step 2. Add the strawberries and cucumber. Blend again until smooth.
Step 3. Add in more almond milk and/or ice for desired consistency.
Recipe courtesy of Ambitious Kitchen.
4. Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
Preparation Time: 45 minutes
Total: 60 minutes
- 2/3 cup refined coconut oil, melted
- 2/3 cup vegan granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup packed vegan brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 bag (10 oz) vegan semisweet chocolate chips (1 1/2 cups)
Step 1. Heat oven to 350°F. In large bowl, mix coconut oil, granulated sugar and brown sugar until well mixed. Stir in almond milk and vanilla.
Step 2. Stir in flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt until dough forms. Stir in chocolate chips. Drop dough by slightly rounded tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.
Step 3. Bake 11 to 14 minutes or until edges are light brown and tops look set. Cool 1 minute on cookie sheets. Remove to cooling rack; cool completely. Store in tightly covered container.
Recipe courtesy of tbsp.
5. Pumpkin Spice Chia Pudding
By Green Evi
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Ready In: 4 hours
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- 2 cups almond milk or plant-based milk of your choice
- 2 cups pumpkin purée
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- Pinch chili powder
- Ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (optional)
- Coconut flakes for garnish (optional)
Step 1. Mix the chia seeds and almond milk in a jar or bowl, and let the mixture set for 5 minutes. Whisk or stir the mixture vigorously to evenly disperse the chia seeds. Cover the jar, and transfer to the refrigerator to chill for at least 4 hours, or overnight.
Step 2. In a small bowl, whisk together the cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves, chili powder, and black pepper.
Step 3. Remove the chia pudding from the refrigerator, and stir in the pumpkin purée, dry spice mixture, vanilla extract, and maple syrup (if using). Serve garnished with coconut flakes.
Recipe courtesy of Green Evi.